Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 38 - Real Crapper of a Day

Today is a real crapper kind of a day. It's humid and muggy, dreary and damp outside. I'm wearing shorts because I feel so sticky today, it's real gross I'm telling you. Mom and dad went to the Greek fest and brought home a whole slue of goodies such as baklava, grape leaves, spinach pita (you know the thing with feta cheese inside, outside fila dough), and some solid (I mean delicious and 100% real, not hard), double chocolate brownies. I finished off my taco meal by blending up some brownie frozen yogurt, half of one of these large brownies and some milk to blend it up properly. It's just delicious and my bands are currently off so I don't have to worry about any small chunks getting in the way.

I've been taking my bands off at lunch and dinner for about an hour each time. It's real simple to remove them with tweezers. I change the bands out with new ones at night time as they get stretched out during the day. But even with new bands my mouth is still able to have a lot of freedom, so they are just there for guidance, and to make sure I'm not shoveling food in my mouth. Even if I wanted to start shoveling in the food, I wouldn't be able to at this point. I tried to avoid blending the spinach pita thing but my mouth doesn't open wide enough as of right now. I blended it with just a little bit of water and it tasted and smelt delicious, very similar to the actual thing. My tacos by the way were fabulous so here is the recipe for them below:

1/2 cup ground beef
1/2 seasoned rice pilaf
A handful of grated cheese
1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
1/4 shredded lettuce
1/4 chopped onions
2 tablespoons minced garlic
A dollop of Sour Cream

Add all ingredients into a tall glass, in the order listed.
Toss into blender.
Add one can warmed up tomato sauce + one can water.
Blend until desired tendency, and enjoy.

As you can see I've been eating pretty good. I've been taking care and creating fun meals even though it will always end up in the blender it's still exciting to prepare. I seem to have gotten a cold so this morning I crushed up a vitamin C tablet and added it to my Carnation dark chocolate (new flavor and very yummy) breakfast shake. This is also why I am consuming such a fine quantity of garlic, it certainly does give my meals a real kick, really adds some pizzazz that I just can't live without.

Doug took these photos on his iPhone so I would know where to put my bands each time I took them off.

Flattering pictures, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & Questions