Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day 25 - Blended Waffles, Only Temporary

I'd like to begin by recognizing today as September 11, 2011, marking the ten year anniversary of 911. Television news programs replayed past coverage today and hosted memorial events to help remember the lives taken, and bring peace and serenity to families of victims, friends, neighbors, and all involved. We go about this day, honoring the lives of the deceased and the families, and hoping for a world of peace.

A melancholy feel was felt around the globe today, and mom and I experienced it out at the shopping center, where lonely souls were united for some togetherness in the form of feel-good shopping. Mom and I went to Marshalls and I got fabulous black pumps. I've realized I haven't been working for one month. We would have gone to TJ's but I'm not ready to encounter coworkers and announce my new speech and vocabulary impediment. In due time.

My waffles this morning for breakfast were delicious, buttered with honey to perfection :) Once popped into the blender they taste just the same! Okay, I keep telling myself this, and although I add extra butter to really make them taste like waffles, it still isn't the same! Similar, but not the same.
Surely not the end result... satisfying yes, but I'm looking forward to ending this never-ending cleaning out the blender ritual...
I've been eating a lot, but a lot just isn't enough! I'm not calorie-counting anymore, as my weight is remaining steady and I'm not too worried. I get enough calories to feel alive and not too lethargic, most days. If I'm feeling dead, then I just go whip something up in the blender. Melon and plain yogurt makes a delicious, satisfying snack, or breakfast. I like to add a smidgin of melted chocolate. I got this idea because the other day I added a Stonyfield Chocolate Underground yogurt, which is vanilla yogurt with chocolate on the bottom. Mom insisted I use the plain, boring yogurt today, in efforts to clean out the fridge, so I spiced it up with the melted chocolate. God only knows, this household has got plenty a supply of chocolate on hand at all times!

Before jaw surgery I was never a huge fan of tomato soup. I love grilled cheese with tomato soup, but I would pass on having it solo, until now. I practically live off of tomato soup. It goes down smooth and does not need to be blended. I am so tired of cleaning out that blender. I try to blend only at dinner time. I generally can do this if I grab a bottled drink for breakfast, tomato soup for lunch, and an Ensure here and there. But somedays I go nuts with hunger and I feel like I spend my whole day cleaning that thing out! Gahh! Mom reminded me today that this stage is only temporary. Yes, temporary is a nice word.

My nose is totally congested and I'm trying to not sneeze through my nose, as instructed by my surgeon, but sometimes my sneezes are so quick I just don't know they're coming! Besides this, and my annoyance at being hungry and my irritability at cleaning my blender, I'm in zero pain. My jaw pain stopped a few days ago, and I'm drug free. I'm pretty numb in my chin and that is annoying, but bearable. I'm still bruised a bit on my chin but my surgeon was glad to see it is yellow as apparently it had been brown before, and yellow means healing. My cheeks feel smaller, as I've been massaging them at least once each night, in hopes that I will be noticeably less swollen on Thursday and will be released from rubber band hell! I'm so hungry and would love to hear that I can wear my elastics only at night. We'll see how that goes.

As I mentioned previously in the Mary Poppins post, I'm on a Disney movie kick. Tonight, we're going to watch either the Rescuers or Rescuers Down Under. I don't remember much of either one of them, except that there are two cute New York City mice, (I think this is an omen or a tribute and therefore specifically meant to be watched today), a cute little orphan named Penny, and one evil, evil woman. Disney movies are great, but the singalongs can get to be a bit too much! Disney movies on the list to watch include Aladdin, Bambi, Pinocchio and Wild America. So, off to the movies guys! 
Momma and I are tired, we look glassy-eyed! Momma got new glasses, classy huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & Questions