Friday, September 9, 2011

Day 23 - Cheddar Cheese Soup and Mary Poppins

Doug, mom, dad and I are watching Mary Poppins to start my new kick of watching Disney movies, which we have over 60 of, currently collecting dust on the living room shelves. I need to start my journey of re-watching these classic, collectible films, and reliving my childhood memories as we have so many that I would like to watch, and what better time than during my recovery period :)

In other news, we went to visit Doug's family, ventured out for some window shopping, and then returned home, as that was the extent of my energy supply. I did have a heartily delicious meal for dinner. During our shopping outing we went to Shaws, to get me some new soups and switch things up a bit. Tonight I tried Cheddar Cheese soup and wow, was it good and it certainly satisfied my overwhelming craving for cheese, as it is probably one of my favorite foods. Cheese is one of the best foods in the world, as I can't think of any other food that doesn't complement it.

So I added some milk to the soup, and was intrigued by the recipe for tacos on the back of the soup-can. It said to mix salsa in with meat sauce and the cheese soup, and place this mixture into a soft tortilla. Well this sounds great, but since I cannot eat real food, I simply blended the cheese soup with some delicious meat sauce, that I made for the family for dinner. Doug cut up tons of garlic and Olive oil to spread on their bread, so I stole a little and added it to my soup, mostly only oil l so it wouldn't be too thick. It tasted to me like how Hamburger Helper tastes, but much better. It was cheesy and included my daily amount of protein that I need for strong bones. I also had a sweet treat for dessert. We picked up a giant whoopie pie on the way home, and Doug used a small bit to blend up a glassful of deliciousness for me, with chocolate milk and chocolate pudding.

I'm tired of having sweet drinks all day long, but particularly not fond of beginning my day with a glass of sugar, like this morning. Typically I start with a bottle of Carnation Instant Breakfast, usually vanilla flavored. But I've run out of the bottles, and now have two boxes of individual packets of the vanilla and chocolate variety. I figured it would be identical to the bottles, but I was let down, and nauseated after consuming it this morning. I'll check the sugar content later. It kinda of tasted like a gigantic bowl of ill-flavored ice cream. Even my favorite flavor of ice cream would not be appealing to me first thing in the morning.

So, tomorrow I'm going to make waffles for breakfast. You all know about my positive experience with blended waffles, but I'll be making some regular waffles for the fam and for Doug who has never had a taste of my waffles, yes, I know he is in a for sure treat :) It will be a good change from these sugary liquid drinks. I also will try oatmeal and cream of wheat again, as I only tried these immediately upon coming home from the hospital and my stomach was still queasy.
Douggie and his I <3 NY shirt, watching and thoroughly enjoying Mary Poppins :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & Questions