Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 30 - Where's the Good Service ? BBB!

Today marks 30 days since my surgery. I think I am healing well. I went to Tj's last night, thinking I was looking much better, just to be told by my coworkers that apparently I am still huge. Thank you, thank you very much, this is such a great boost for my confidence. You think I'm swollen now? Perhaps you should have seen me a couple of weeks ago.

We went to the Common Man today for, yes, another torture session of me watching everyone eat delicious food. The hostess hears about my surgery and says to my parents "so, why did you take her out to a restaurant!?" And they replied, "to make your wait staff blend her up something wonderful." Kidding, but we thought we would give it another go - after yesterday's not-complete-fail, (I did blend the soup later and it was quite scrumptious) I figured this could be a new trial and error experience.

The hostess suggested corn chowder. I'm not generally a fan of corn chowder but it was that or pumpkin, bean, and chicken soup. With that being said, we asked if they could blend me some corn chowder, and the hostess checked with the cook who said he could do anything! I thought this sounded promising. Until I received my bowl of unblended, lobster corn chowder which I ended up bringing home and blending up myself (and it was absolutely fabulous). Apparently utilizing the liquify button on the blender is a task many restauranteurs are not willing to undertake.
Common Man's lobster corn chowder - deliciously buttery, more liquified with extra water, and pureed to perfection in under 10 seconds ;)

If you think it's outrageous to ask a restaurant to blend a meal, first consider a few things. Does the restaurant have a bar? If they do, then they will have a blender. Such as the chinese restaurant (and bar) yesterday who was not accommodating of my request. Consider a second piece of information. Mom works with elderly and chronically ill people, some who do not have all their teeth. They request their food be blended at restaurants all over town. Save a plate and blend something up. It doesn't take more than a minute to clean out the blender, I can even do it for them! I guess good service is hard to find these days... but it wasn't last night!!

Doug and I went out because my energy level had skyrocketed and I felt normal again. We went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and the energizer bunnies working behind the counter, complimentary wrapped our gifts. They were spunky, and glad to be of service. Doug commented afterwards that that is how retail employees should be, but sadly a very small number are so accommodating.

I forgot to mention we got an extra meal for me for later. Those cool coupons the high school kids sell to raise money for sports, certainly come in handy. I think I'll be putting a dent in some of those coupons in a couple of weeks, when I'm unwired and hungry. The buy-one-get-one-entree coupon was handy today. Mom and dad shared an apple almond chicken and got one for me for dinner tonight, that I can blend up with apple juice. I've been packing on a few pounds. Blended chicken alfredo is filling, hearty, and great to have some stashed on-hand in the fridge. A full tummy is a happy tummy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & Questions