Saturday, September 3, 2011

Day 17 - Snipping Stitches and Yummy Sauce

I just snipped a stitch. I think this is normal, fairly routine, and, well, expected, but I googled it just to be sure. It appears that stitches generally dissolve within one or two weeks. Come to think of it, I believe I have swallowed a few stitches already. But today's stitch was massive. I thought I had a hair in my mouth. I'm glad I didn't, because certainly that would be a royal pain.

So, today I tried to make up for lost calories yesterday, and I succeeded for the most part. I believe my calorie intake was around 1800, and that was me busting my butt! Well, mom points out that this is my job right now, to make sure I get enough calories in me. So that's what I did. I sat at the dinner table for a solid hour, long after everyone else had properly, and in the most civilized fashion, eaten their meals, and I sipped and slurped down my pasta, meat sauce and cheese soup. Mmmm!
Homemade meat sauce, which in another few weeks I'll be eating, not drinking =)
I want to eat this bowlful of pasta, sauce and cheese so bad!!! Into the blender it goes...

The table looked like a battle field afterwards. I felt like a toddler learning how to use a sippy cup for the first time. The thing is, I just can't get food to go down my mouth with these new bands. I take a sip and all the food gets caught right in the front teeth, creating a barricade. So if I continue to sip, and slurp, it won't do me any good. I'd just create more of a jam-up. I drank half a cup, spilt the other half on the table, then joined mom and dad for an ice cream social.

So, in the blender goes two scoops vanilla ice cream, 1 cup milk and a desirable amount of whipped cream, with a grand total of 320 calories. That oughta fatten me up. Note to self: Not so much milk next time, to avoid icky feeling immediately upon digesting.

My pain is way less today, probably because I've been moving my mouth and talking a bit more which is loosening up my bands. All in all, today wasn't bad. My Waterpik has been amazing, graciously assisting in the cleansing of my mouth, dutiful after every meal. Without that thing I would be speechless, literally, as the amount of food I get stuck in my mouth makes it impossible to talk.

Daily routine, slobber, use Waterpik, Slobber, use Waterpik...dream of slobbering and using my Waterpik...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & Questions