Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 16 - Snoopy's Liquid Diet

Well, my liquid diet. But I got you to read my blog, all you Snoopy followers.

Today was a weird kind of day. I slept for a good portion of my day, as I was in pain for most of it. Last night I woke every hour on the hour. I couldn't get comfortable, and my mouth felt like someone just kicked me in the jaw. Well, this type of feeling would have made more sense immediately after having had my jaw broken. But the actual cause of this pain was from getting new rubber bands yesterday,  that are so tight I can feel jolts of pain shoot through me every time my teeth accidentally clank against each other. Pleasant, yes?

What else is awesome is that my pain meds are no longer working. I guess that is how narcotics addicts become so hooked! Mom pointed that out to me today. Don't worry, I'm not on my way to narcotics anonymous, as my pain is significantly less than it was last night and today. Even so, I only managed to scarf down an Ensure, a Boost and a chocolate Carnation Breakfast. I'm going to guess that todays calorie intake is a bit below 2000. I'll make up for it when I can. 

I tried eating through my syringe at dinner. My cup wasn't working anymore as my bands are now on my front teeth, basically blocking the flow of food. And I thought I was getting out easy, as everyone else seemed to have a hell of a time drinking from a cup. Eating through a syringe is anything but sexy, but I thought I would put the looks-factor aside, and just try to get some good nourishment in me. The only thing I managed to get was a syringe-full of food splattered all over the bathroom walls (yes, I have since cleaned this up), and tons of food jammed back in my mouth, in areas that are delicate and perhaps should not be cleansed too thoroughly (i.e. areas near stitches and incisions). I'm starving, and the fridge is almost bare of liquid goodness (Ensure, Ensure, Carnation Instant Breakfast and Ensure). Please mom get some tomorrow for me...no this is not a desperate plea, it only sounds like one :)

Doug comes back tonight from NYC and I'm ready to kick him in the butt for deserting me the first couple of days that I am actually alive and desperately needing to have some outside excitement. Total abandonment. Yes,  he works hard and deserves it, but I do too! 

On a happy note, Snoopy was in his first movie! Actually second, but this is his first actual production. I bet you're gazing above at my narcotics comment and going, hmmm..... but actually no, I haven't taken any meds in many, many hours. I think I am feeling looped from the many, many hours spent inside these four walls! Once again, thank you Doug for deserting me... Doug got me Snoopy as a "Get Well Soon" and a "I'm sorry you're in the hospital and I'm not staying with you, but Snoopy is here to take care of you," present. Snoopy did all of those things. I think he's the only one who hasn't deserted me yet. I owe him! So, I proudly present.....


What do you think? He's got some real talent, yeah??

In other news.... I ventured outside today and got some ray's, (not too many, as my surgeon said I should hide behind a ginormous hat if I go in the sun) and here's a photo of mom and me. Well, I'm off to raid the fridge! Love, Em

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & Questions