Thursday, August 11, 2011

Countdown: 6 Days Away till Surgery

Six days until operation break-my-jaw is commenced. August 17th both of my jaws will be cut -- top jaw moved back -- bottom jaw moved forward -- genioplasty incorporated to aid in chin and lip support and a piece or two of bone removed or implemented in there somewhere, too. (Is this right, doc???) I'm pretty sure this is what's going to be occurring, but the whole thing is a little hard to follow. However, I do know the expected result is fabulous and I'll have healthy chompers and I won't look like Bugs Bunny anymore, (thanks Doug :)). I will be happy to close my mouth for the first time in 23 years (exaggerated), and put an end to my excessive drooling (generally at night time), clicking and jaw pain (and saying goodbye to my bedside bottle of codeine to aid in me not becoming a pill-poppin addict), mind-blowing migraines, nausea (according to eHow TMJ sufferers must have TMJ for a long, long time to experience nausea as a result, so I guess that is self-explanatory. I've contemplated blogging my jaw experiences as so many inspiring, comical jaw surgery survivors have done so in the past....and decided to give it a go. Although it does puzzle me how these people acquired enough energy immediately after the procedure to photograph themselves and blog about everything going on, but hey, I'll go with it and see what I am up to. My blogs may not be as frequent (or as graphic) but I'll see what I can come up with. Until next post I'll leave you with some old, pre-surgery pics, and later on will be posting via use of PhotoBooth on my new Mac (thanks Dougie, it'll make self-pictures post-op so much easier), for your viewing pleasure :)

Most current picture taken July 2011-- Braces on since October 2010 --
Surgery date: August 17, 2011
Below: Doug and I - 2010: Good view of my teeth protruding out of my face, 
nice warm day in the park :)
 
    Above:  2008: Nice pearly whites but protruding teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & Questions