Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 32 - Go with Your Gut

Okay, I gave in and tried a blended cheeseburger. I decked out half a cheeseburger (bun included) with fresh homemade salsa, mustard and ketchup and lots of cheddar cheese. I blended it all together with watered down Campbells Cheddar Soup. The meat was a bit difficult going down, same with last nights meat sauce. I did manage to get it down by eating my meal in the bathroom and using my Waterpik each time my teeth got clogged. It tasted good and the flavors that really stood out were ketchup, salsa and of course the cheese soup. These key ingredients provide amazing flavor and are helpful to include in blended creations.
The before picture of the tasty, meaty burger with salsa, ketchup, mustard and extra cheese.
I'm determined to get back to work as soon as possible, due to financial constraints and all-out boredom. In today's tough economy, even minimum wage retail jobs help pay the bills, as long as I'm conservative and avoid expendable shopping trips. I plan on working a few short mornings this week to see how things go. I'm sure I can handle it. I've been getting out each day, taking regular walks and trying to stay busy. 

Dinner was great tonight. I made up a can of Campbells Cream of Chicken soup and watered it down. I added leftover pasta, chicken, green beans, and garlic, salsa, cheese and a few spices for flavor. It tasted great and had its carbohydrates and protein, however it wasn't filling and I'm hungry. I think I'll make a repeat of last nights apple crisp and ice cream treat.

I'm contemplating asking my surgeon to remove my rubber elastics a few days early. Towards the end of this month a certain cousin of mine will be tying the blessed wedded knot and I should be getting my bands removed one day prior to this occasion. It would be splendid however to move this date up a day or two, so I can exercise my mouth and hopefully open it enough to shovel in soft food at the wedding. However, I will be trucking along my handy dandy baby spoon because we all know, I'm all style. If it's not doable with the surgeon, I'll live, but I don't think a day or two would make a huge difference, particularly since I probably will be wearing bands at night for a bit longer.

I've always known I enjoyed food, but I'm not sure I understood the severity. The number of times a day I think about food now have become overwhelming, and mind boggling to comprehend. Dining out is a social experience, one that I'm socially lacking. Dining out with Doug is my #1 favorite thing. I'm looking at my calendar considering his next days off spent together and how I will be drinking my meals. I know one day soon he will come over and we'll go out for lunch and I will go insane because I love food so much but it's crazy to consider. Is this why America is so obsese, simply because food is so amazing?

Everything in moderation is my motto. Taco Bell included. Your body likes to have different flavors, and entrees because each dish possesses different characteristics that make your taste buds water, and your stomach accept or reject. Don't be a porker, but go with your gut.

My tongue feels even more disgusting than it did last week, obviously, due to lack of brushing. It's not that I'm not hygienic, my Waterpik is used eight to ten times per day. It helps rid food particles and dead skin cells, but still I feel slimy, especially the backs of my teeth which are impossible to clean. Salt water rinses help too and I personally don't feel I reek, however I am consciously aware of my grubby feeling tongue.

I have a full-fledged goofy smile now. Not quite as goofy as it was a week ago, but definitely on the goofy side with the bands and all. I'm just glad that my mouth is gaining back its flexibility because this indicates the numbness is way, way down.

On an unrelated note, here's something to look forward to..... The New Girl starring Zooey Deschanel airs Tuesday on Fox. It looks funny, so tune in and watch it! Check out the trailer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & Questions