Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day 18 - Pondering a Working Woman's Lifestyle

I would like to go back to work. The only thing is, I'm not sure how my employer feels about nap time, and I'm not sure how my body feels about me standing for an extensive period of time. I think I have stood for a maximum of a half an hour or so, when strolling around my neighborhood, so even a four hour shift may be pushing it. The thing is, my finances need me to work, and I've almost reached the three-week mark since my surgery. Yay.... this is a monumental moment, and I must say, time sure is flyin' by.

I'm very motivated to become a successful career woman, and dive into the lifestyle of the working, wealthy, upperclass. I've applied for a few promising positions, in hopes that I will not get return phone calls too, too soon. I can only imagine me mumbling my way through these job interviews, that wouldn't be embarrassing. But hey, I suppose it shows a sense of motivation, and who wouldn't appreciate that?

Douggie just left, after spending the evening with us, and he brought over a yummy Vinnie's pizza for dinner. I, of course, blended myself a slice, and it went down relatively smooth. I suppose it helped that I added more watered down tomato sauce, than I did previously last Pizza Night. It was very cheesy and meaty, as Vinnies is notorious for making a scrumptious hamburger and onion pizza. Yum!

Douggie cuddling Snoopy and I after we ate too much pizza =)

It appears that I've burned almost completely through my Sex and the City DVD, season one, that Doug got me pre-surgery, to stay occupied. It has aided in my recovery, and seems to boost my spirits. There's something about those gals that makes me laugh out loud, and make my fragile jaw move around and about in excitement. Sometimes I have to hold my jaw to refrain from uncontrollable laughter. This is a pain, because I love to laugh.

See? I told you I love to laugh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & Questions