Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 26 - Feed Me!: Pork Roast Suppa Time

Mom got pizza for dinner, and so I did the usual, exciting blender routine. I consumed one and a half slices and one can of watered down tomato sauce. I felt relatively full, for about 30 minutes. I'm hungry. I'm not tempted by any sugary, sweet, excessively flavored item. Plain, flavorless dishes are all that I want right now. I'm planning out my new soft food diet, for whenever that may be beginning, and it includes mashed potatoes, baked beans, and of course the almighty delicious Annie's mac n' cheese.

Mom came home from work tired and compared with dad their amounts of productivity they both participated in today. They look to me like I'm a big lump on a log, but I say, "hey, it's not like I didn't do anything...I ate all day." I swear my biggest chore is eating. I have to eat every hour or so. At first it wasn't so frequent but the longer I am banded shut, the greater my constant need for food becomes. Oh sweet food, wonderful food, I love you so much. 

I was Googling recipes for a wired jaw today, one of my daily activities when I'm sitting at the kitchen table, famished, (you'd think I would stop doing this, as it always yields the same results) but nonetheless I continue and I came across this. Check out this cool article on what this guy has accomplished, while being wired shut. Guess you could say he's accomplished more than I -- all I've become is incredibly hungry and irritable but hey, you win some you lose some.


It's just a few more days until my 4th week post-operartive visit, and I'm trying to not break any more bands. One broke tonight, but I knew it would break soon as last night I could see a small tear forming. Doc said they would begin to snap when I begin talking more as my jaw heals. I guess I'll have to shush for awhile and go back to using my automated Text to Speech function that I used in my initial days home from the hospital. 

Other things to look forward to include the pork roast supper coming up at the end of October. I shall be de-banded, fully functional, and seriously in need of some pork, mashed potatoes, corn, sweet apple sauce, yummy biscuits, and scrumptious brownie sundae. 
Cracker Barrel's chicken fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes and gravy and fried apples.

I'm not sure why I'm torturing myself by Googling images of the delicious Cracker Barrel's food, but I'm so looking forward to my first dining out experience and enjoying all they have to offer. Yummy yummy, food in my tummy!!!!!!! Well, I'll leave you with this delicious photo as I am currently in my pj's, after continually slobbering pizza sauce all over myself. All is well, for who doesn't want to dream about the Cracker Barrel tonight? I know I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & Questions