Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 35 - Creepy Smiling Photos & Nonstop Eating

I love buying Equate, Wally World's generic version of items. I got Equate Nutritional Drink (fake Ensure), and it's delicious. It actually tastes better than the original, probably because it's in a can. I made chicken fettuccine alfredo again last night because it is so hearty and I don't feel starving when it is in the house. I also had a big juicy cheeseburger for dinner, but only consumed half due to all the tomato sauce I had to wash down with it.

Last night I ate a dark chocolate better-than-Reese's (from our local candy shop) peanut butter cup. I melted it a few seconds in the toaster oven until the insides were squishy. Using my finger I slathered the chocolate goodness over my front teeth making my face look like I just rolled around in a barrel of poo. It tasted delicious and I simply washed it down with some water. It's much easier than figuring out what to mix it with, especially when I wasn't entirely hungry but just wanted a sweet treat for dessert.

Speaking of sweet treats, after my cheeseburger tonight I still felt hungry. I guzzled down a fake Ensure, and still felt hungry. I'm like a nonstop eating machine. I took out a few scoops of Haagen-Dazs chocolate ice cream and scooped them into my glass. Then I added a carton of chocolate milk to it. The chocolate milk was consumed first but the closer I got to the ice cream the sweeter it tasted. The milk helped melt the ice cream too, so I could drink it all up. 
This wouldn't be complete without me showcasing this delicious sweet treat!
It also wouldn't be complete without a creepy photo of myself: Check out the elastic bands.
So, there you have it. I have basically a normal smile, well, almost, minus the rubber bands and the numbness in my chin and nose and fear of me "smiling" my jaw to uncomfortable places. I still baby my jaw and sleep on my side only with extra soft pillows. I'm avoiding sneezing when I can to avoid throwing my jaw out.

Tomorrow's my 5th week-post operative visit and I'm psyched to go see what position my bands will be in this time! I did not break any elastics this week, surprisingly, and in fact they still seem very tight, normally they loosen up through the week. Each day that passes is a yippee, woo haa, ah hooo -- in the countdown to eating. But seriously, food is overrated, food is food, we can live how many days without food? Quite a few. It's the H2O that must be consumed regularly and I'm getting plenty of that. Drink up my fine feathered friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & Questions