Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 21 - Raindrops and Poorly Edited Videos

I woke early this morning to reposition myself, and drink some water. I reached for my glass on my bedside table, and it slipped from my grasp, and shattered to the floor. Yes, 6am, I'm down on my hands and knees mopping up water, and depositing glass shards into the trash. I figured after this I would be tired enough to sleep, since I tossed and turned all night, but still nothing. So today I was motivated and determined to not sleep all day. Since the narcotics were making me into a potential insomniac, I figured I was going to have to strive harder to get my rest, and avoid nap time at all costs.

So, I walked around the block today, in the rain, but I was prepared in my fluorescent pink rain jacket. I came home, made myself the usual tomato and cheese soup, and played a few tunes on the piano, while the soup cooled off. I dug out my old books from the 90's and played some songs from my favorite 90's pop stars, such as Madonna's Don't Cry For Me Argentina, Ricky Martin's Livin' La Vida Loca, and Eric Clapton's Tears in Heaven. I made a little, poorly-edited video of Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On. I cut and edited it a bit, since this song is insanely long, (and I hadn't played the keys in a while, so I tried to skip around the ugly sound of incorrect notes) so it's kinda choppy, and I'm just learning how to use iMovie, so give me a break :)
Poorly-edited version of Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On

Oh, you're wondering about my jaw? Well, my jaw is great today. I've taken no meds, but I'm sure that will change soon, as tomorrow I'll be visiting the surgeon for my three week post-op visit! Wahoo! My elastics are relatively loose right now, and I can open my mouth even with my bands on. This is bad though, and I try not to do this too often. Therefor the elastics are not causing my jaw too much strain right now. However, I'm congested. Due to the rain today, my nose became runny during my little galavant outside, and since I'm still limited to how much nose-cleansing I can do, I have to use Qtips to swab around my nostrils.

I also sneezed today. This was my first sneeze in three weeks. I was prepared, but was anxiously awaiting this sneeze, as I knew it would be difficult, and must be done in the most delicate fashion. I awkwardly held my jaw, and released a small, timid sneeze. Voila! That's all for today, folks.
Two thumbs up for a fabulous jaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & Questions