Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 148 - First Snow Fall of 2012

Happy New Year!


Today we received the first snowfall while living in our new apartment. This is a view from our porch.

I have been MIA in the blogging world lately, up until now. The holiday season and moving has kept us busy. I also got a little bored talking about the status of my jaw. Everything is going great. I still have severe back pain, but my surgeon recommended I see a physical therapist who would also be able to work with my jaw in hopes of having it open further. As of right now I'm not currently seeing one, and we are doing other beneficial maneuvers before making an appointment, such as massage. 

Doug is working hard at Apple. He goes in to work during winter weather advisories because we all know how crucial the purchase of a Mac computer is. He is dedicated and good at what he does. 

Santa got us all the Harry Potter movies and Doug has become an even bigger fan than I was when I was into these many years ago. We both are reborn again Potter fans. The proof is in the books. Books 4 and 5 were retrieved from my childhood bedroom at home and book 6 was retrieved from Doug's attic of his parents' house. Consider where we were in our lives during the initial Potter craze. I read up to book 5 and perhaps it was the thickness of these books that ended my interest in them for I never continued on in the series after that. A little while later, a little more southern in our state, a little Douggie was acquiring Potter book 6 of the series out of total spite. His high school girlfriend at the time was a Potter fanatic and so he went out on his own and bought the book before she was able to get hers. He never even read it. To top the cake, I also found a brand-new, never used, Harry Potter deluxe edition board game of mine. Let's get this party started! Woop woop.

Our joint Harry Potter collection at the moment. Doug's working on acquiring the rest of the books in the series.

Snoopy Pumpkin Spice hot chocolate, Snoopy Mug and my cold-weather attire keep me cozy and warm on snow days :)

 Hope you all had a great Christmas and holiday season. Make it a great new year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & Questions