Friday, October 28, 2011

Day 72 - Bosco

Mom brought home this chocolate syrup goodness one day and my life has never been the same since. I simply add it to a wholesome glass of milk and bam, my previously innocent and chocolate-lacking beverage has been transformed. I like how I can monitor the chocolate level and rev it up or minimize my chocolate intake... if that were ever needed, although I'm not sure why I would want to have less chocolate in my life. I found a Bosco recipe on their website and it's super easy to make. Stay tuned for future news of my Bosco cake. I'm sure it will be fabulous as I've been seeking out a perfect chocolate cake recipe with ideal levels of moiste-ness, and chocolate syrup may be the ingredient I had been missing.
Add Bosco Chocolate Syrup to your milk, dessert or bake into recipes.

Doug is healing up well after his wisdom-teeth removal, so now we are both almost entirely patched up and back to normal. I'm wearing two rabbit (the small size) elastics currently 24/7 but removed for eating and brushing. However, this ratio of time spent wearing versus having them off has been tweaked slightly. I spoke to my surgeon who suggested I remove them for a few hours each day. The current placement of the elastics is for strengthening purposes. My jaws are quite strong (according to my surgeon) and my elastics wearing have been reimplemented by the orthodontist. This coming week's ortho appointment will reveal the next step. If I'm able to open my mouth wide enough for work to be done then they will surely be satisfied. But somehow, when jaws are forcibly closed for the majority of hours each day, they do not want to open much when they are allowed to do so. I guess they are expecting a miracle on Thursday. Let's hope the one centimeter current opening will be doubled by my enormous amount of food I enjoy eating and daily mouth stretching exercises.

After reviewing my last blog post, I just realized I have forgot to mention that we got approved for our apartment. Our background and credit checks passed and we are moving into our new home (a place to call our own) on November 15, just in time for Thanksgiving. I would love to spend the holiday in our new place and prepare our first festive holiday meal. Sure it will be a lot of work but it will be a whole lot of fun to use all of our appliances and have everyone over.

The job market (as you probably know) is still looking meek, weak and depressing. I don't like saying "the economy" because what does that even mean? It's boring talk, like the stuff they speak of on those financial channels that only old people watch. Truth be told though, there are few jobs. I'm cherishing my current job and working hard because it's all I, or anyone, can do. I read somewhere that old tactics and tricks used for finding a job in a good economy are not going to work anymore. You must up the ante and try harder, work harder, be smarter and be so much better. Kiss ass even if it hurts. That's my tidbit of inspiration for tonight but I'll leave you with one thought. Don't get discouraged because that won't get you anywhere either. If you don't want to take my word for it, fine, but take Lucy's!


One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged.  Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.



~Lucille Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & Questions