Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 50 - Regurgitation and Slobbering

Yikes, it's been a week since my last blog post! To my defense, I had a busy week. This past weekend consisted of exciting wedding festivities to celebrate the wedding of my cousin. This event was my first big event since surgery and I managed to scarf down a select few food items. I was appreciative of their gateway into mealtime with delicious soup, I think it was called Italian Wedding. I easily consumed this as well as soft rolls and scrumptious chocolate cupcake for dessert. The main entree was difficult to get down without whole-swollowing chicken but I did okay. Especially since I whole-swallowed probably a dozen little cheese chunks prior to dinner. Whole-swallowing, although not recommended, works decently well.

The night prior at the pre-wedding festivities, Doug and I escaped for a short time to the pizza shop next door (for me to avoid awkward eating pictures of me inhaling food in its entirety). Cut into tiny pieces and partially de-cheesed, pizza (with an abundance) of water can pass through the esophagus nicely. But I sure had one heck of a tummy ache the next day. 
Doug and I after the ceremony testing out the alter ;)

I'm happy to say I can partially chew now. I'm still gumming things down but without thinking much I can get pasta down. Lucky for me spaghetti is our main staple in this house.

The seasons are changing and I'm freezing my end off. Mom and dad don't like to put the heat on until after Christmas. Well not quite but seriously here, I'm cold. How about you invest in a fireplace heat exchanger and save moments of complaints from number one daughter? These are nifty because they help build up amazing heat in the fireplace while making sure to keep smoke from coming into your home.

Monday night was my last night wearing elastic bands and I'm currently bandless. I had my orthodontist appointment Wednesday but not much could be done. I can only open my mouth the smallest amount and wires could not be changed. They did replace my stained front brackets that had got a little nasty while being wired shut. I've also been given a week off from my weekly sugery post-op visits. I'll be seeing the surgeon in five days to see how everything is going. My orthodontist remarked that my bite right now looks fantastic, but that could change and I may have to wear elastics again. Oh give me a break. Now you would think that since I'm robotically assembled with nuts and bolts that nothing is able to move but I guess anything is possible. Only time will tell...

Today is day 50 in my recovery from jaw surgery. My first day back to work was this past Tuesday. It took me long enough and my finances are kicking me in the butt for taking my sweet time going back to work. Five hour shifts of work are perfect right now as eating (shoveling food through my tiny opening) in front of co-workers is not ideal. Although one co-worker today commented that she has successfully raised her children, implying that my regurgitation and slobbering during meal time is nothing to be ashamed of.

Future blog posts will be written on a need-to-write basis meaning that they'll be posted for important, worth-mentioning topics. Since I'm back working, my downtime (excessive sleeping) has been replaced with hours of productivity. Although I consider my blog productive, the world still continues if I don't post. I think. My jaw is doing fabulous today besides the remaining numbness in my chin which hasn't disappeared yet. Massage is said to stimulate circulation so when washing my face I pay particular attention to the numb areas.

While paying attention to my numb parts of my face, I do so in front of my little bedroom mirror. I've always wanted a vanity mirror that comes part of a vanity bedroom set. Different sizes, colors and materials can be used in creating the perfect one for you. Many cheap vanities are available. Cool lights are fun accessories too to have while using your vanity mirror. Have you ever considered possini lighting to give your room some sparkle? Add glow with different color hues. From traditional to extraordinary, different lighting options are available from chandeliers to table lamps. Explore your options and put some color into your world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & Questions